Below are some details on how to make it the best experience possible, according to the good folks at The Austin Symphony...
How Best To Get To Auditorium Shores
- For the best experience, park north of Lady Bird Lake in the downtown area tom avoid the extensive congestion in and around Lamar, Barton Springs Rd. and Riverside (all areas south of the park). In addition, The Bouldin Creek Neighborhood will have neighborhood parking restrictions in place for safety.
Parking along Rights of Way and medians, blocking private drives and lots, and utilizing "Not Permitted" areas may subject you to fines, ticketing and/or towing at your own expense. In addition, parking on green spaces and parkland is prohibited.
- Use the Hike & Bike Trail to get to the park (don't forget a flashlight).
- Bike to the event. The park is wide open and you can ride your bike directly to the concert site!
- Ride a CapMetro bus. Use a CapMetro trip planner to plan your trip.
- A wealth of public downtown parking garages north of Lady Bird Lake may be found on our website (www.austinsymphony.org).
- Convention Center Garages - $8, noon to midnight. Take the Cesar Chavez Promenade or the Hike & Bike Trail to the concert site.
- Free parking: State Garages on Trinity between 13th St. & 17th St. near Waterloo Park, State lots on corner of MLK & Trinity and MLK & Brazos.
- One Texas Center - $10, noon to midnight.
- Palmer Events Center Garage – $10, noon to midnight.
- City Hall Garage - Paid Parking.
ADA Parking will be by permit at the Palmer Event Center Garage on a first come, first served basis. Entrance is from the south via Barton Springs Rd.
10 a.m .
- Riverside Drive from Lamar to S. 1st St.
-Cesar Chavez between MoPac and Congress. North- and Southbound MoPac will be diverted to 5th St. and Enfield/5th St.
- S. 1st St. Bridge closes to vehicle traffic.
ALL STREETS WILL BE REOPENED NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT.
- Motorized vehicles will be prohibited on the trails.
- The lower portion of the Hike & Bike Trail on the north side of Lady Bird Lake (between Seaholm intake Structure and S. 1st St.) will be closed at 10 a.m. The upper sidewalk will along Cesar Chavez will remain open.
- For safety reasons, Lady Bird Lake between the railroad trestle bridge and the S. 1st St. Bridge will be closed from 8 p.m. to midnight.
Reminders and Allowed/Prohibited Items
- Please leave pets at home, as the cannon fire and fireworks during the performance is highly upsetting to our 4-legged friends.
- Parking will not be allowed in Bouldin Creek neighborhood.
- Remember, you are in an outdoor setting. Wear sensible shoes, clothes and hats for sun protection.
- Pack water for hydration, bug spray and blankets.
- Pack a flashlight if you are traveling the Hike & Bike Trail
- No glass or Styrofoam containers.
- No alcohol allowed in the park.
- No barbeque grills.
- Help keep the park clean. Clean up after yourself.
For more information, visit www.austinsymphony.org