The Academy Awards are Hollywood’s biggest night and the stars were shining brightly in red carpet fashions that will affect trends for the rest of the year… and you know, the films nominated also affect fashion American Hustle’s 1970s and Blue Jasmine’s look at high society gone awry.
The envelopes were opened, yet no envelopes were PUSHED in this year’s gowns…
The dresses were as diverse as the women and their roles… and some of this year’s favorite and the best movie star looks were:
1. Cate Blanchett in pale beaded chiffon Armani Prive’
2. Jennifer Garner in silver beaded Oscar de la Renta.
3. Amy Adams in navy blue Gucci Couture, Simple and elegant.
4. Sandra Bullock in navy blue Alexander McQueen
5. Jennifer Lawrence wearing red Christian Dior
6. Charlize Theron in black Dior
7. Lupita N’yongo in an icy blue Prada
The men looked as suave as ever, too. Some of the standouts were:
1. Leonardo Di Caprio always dapper wearing navy blue tuxedo, as was Kevin Spacey.
Matthey McConaughey and Jared Leto choose white dinner jackets, which looked suave, if not a tad early in the season to wear white.
(Photo of Jennifer Garner)