“Last year was a landmark one for TWO x TWO,” said Cindy Rachofsky. “Along with our 2012 chair Amy Phelan, we wanted to develop a new playing field which would springboard us to a new level of fundraising. With Neiman Marcus as our Title Sponsor, we are confident that target goal can be achieved—and even surpassed.”
There are so many heavy hitters attached to this event that has become a fundraising machine. The 2012 TWO x TWO sponsor list (to date), which was revealed at the dinner includes:
• Presenting Sponsor – Neiman Marcus
• Platinum Sponsors - Audi of America, Cartier, Sotheby’s, Nancy C. and Richard R. Rogers
• Gold Sponsors - Moët Hennessy USA, Waldman Bros./Chubb, Flexjet, todd. event design.creative services
• Live Auction Sponsor - AT&T, Inc.
• Valet Sponsor - Aston Martin of Dallas
• Silent Auction Sponsor - Kiehl’s
• First Look Presenting Sponsor - Karl Lagerfeld by Fossil
• Celebrity Travel Sponsor - Tim Headington on behalf of The Joule Hotel
• Technology Sponsor – GDT
• Luxury Auction Sponsor - PlainsCapital Bank
• Design Auction Sponsor - Design Within Reach
• Financial Services Sponsor - Strait Capital Company Ltd.
• Media Sponsor – PaperCity
• Auctioneer - Jamie Niven, Chairman, Sotheby’s, North and South America
• Graphic Design and Printing Sponsor - Texas Graphic Resource Inc.
• Silver Sponsors – Unified Fine Arts
• In-Kind Sponsors - American Airlines, Briggs Freeman, The Buzzell Company, Cassandra Fine Catering, The Cultured Cup, Displays Unlimited Inc., Ducky-Bob’s Event Specialists, Empire Baking Co., Hillstone, Kohler, The Joule Hotel, Lombardi Family Concepts, Mike Sandone Productions, Nancy Gonzalez, Park Cities Hilton, PRO/SOUND, Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, Runyon Fine Arts, Suite 206, San Pellegrino/Acqua Panna, Strong Travel Services, Switch Lighting, US Art
Other big news? Dallas collectors Lindsey and Patrick Collins have been selected as Art Chairs for the 2012 event. Richard Phillips will be the recipient of amfAR’s 2012 Award of Excellence for Artistic Contributions to the Fight Against AIDS at the 14th annual event in October 2012. He has supported TWO x TWO over the years, most recently with a remarkable large scale painting of actress Lindsay Lohan at the 2010 Dallas event.
Drawing prominent artists, art collectors and philanthropists from around the world, the annual black-tie gala is part of a week-long series of events. It is the largest U.S. fundraiser for both amfAR and the Dallas Museum of Art. An eagerly anticipated event that quickly sells out, the gala benefit features a seated dinner for 450 guests with both a live and silent auction of major works of contemporary art and unique luxury items.
Over the years, previous VIP celebrity guests at TWO x TWO events have included Sharon Stone, Sigourney Weaver, Shirley MacLaine, Liza Minnelli, Barry Manilow, Natasha Richardson, John Benjamin Hickey, Taylor Dayne, Dita Von Teese, Stanley Tucci, Harry Belafonte, Gavin Rossdale, Alan Cumming, Cheyenne Jackson and Patti LaBelle.
Renowned artists Robert Rauschenberg, Ed Ruscha, Julian Schnabel, April Gornik, Joel Shapiro, Cecily Brown, Tom Friedman, Elizabeth Peyton, Jim Hodges, Peter Doig, Christopher Wool and Mark Grotjahn have been honored. During the live auction at the 2011 event, artist Mark Grotjahn’s piece went for a record-breaking $1 million. All of this is thanks in part to Barbara Buzzell The Buzzell & Co., the most glam PR firm in Dallas.
For more information on the event, visit www.2x2online.org.