Mix fashion labels Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent and Robert Graham with tunes from pop singer Tiffany, and what do you get?
You get the upcoming opening party for Launch787’s second annual Austin Fashion Week, which goes from Aug. 14 through 21. The party will start at 6 p.m. Aug. 14 at GSD&M Idea City’s office on West Sixth Street. (Austin businessman Matt Swinney founded Fashion Week and Launch787, an event planning and production company.)
According to a media release, the night will offer the works of various mashups of local talent, including designers, photographers, hairstylists, makeup artists and models as well a runway showing of garments from Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent and Robert Stock, who designs under the Robert Graham label.
There will be a silent auction, and proceeds from the evening will be donated to Dress for Success and Austin Involved.
Austin Fashion Week will include more than 100 events. Austin designer Linda Asaf, Brilliant magazine co-founder Lance Avery Morgan, designer and Blackmail Boutique owner Gail Chovan and designer Dawn Younger-Smith will help select which designers will show their work during Austin Fashion Week.
Like last year’s event, new talent as well as established designers who are selected to show their work will be paired with participating retailers and salons.
According to media release, all participants will be eligible for the People’s Choice Awards. However, Austinites will be eligible for Critics’ Choice Awards and Peer Choice Awards, which will be doled out during the Austin Fashion Awards show on Aug. 21 at the Long Center for the Performing Arts.
There are VIP passes for Austin Fashion Week for $300 for a single pass, and a VIP pass plus a guest goes for $550. A VIP pass includes the following:
- Priority seating at the Austin Fashion Week party at GSD&M (exclusively available to the public through VIP package only)
- VIP red carpet photo opportunity at the party
- Orchestra or parterre seating at the Austin Fashion Awards, which will close the week-long festivities
- Admission to the Austin Fashion Awards after party (exclusively available to the public through VIP package only)
- VIP red carpet photo opportunity at the Fashion Awards
- Access to red carpet ready events personalized to each VIP at local boutiques prior to Austin Fashion Week. Test shots will be available at each event to preview your look.
- Hair and makeup consultations
- A VIP gift bag
- Complimentary Passport to Fashion (10-percent discount at participating salons and boutiques and a chance to win a $5,000 shopping spree)
- Limited-edition signed and numbered Austin Fashion Week poster by Gary Dorsey